[TriLUG] pidgin as punchcard clock?

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Thu Aug 14 00:58:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM, David A. Cafaro <dac at trilug.org> wrote:
> I thought pidgin had a way to alert you when someone signs in and
> signs out, that I believe would be kept in the chat logs that pidgin
> can keep as well.
>
> I don't have pidgin up and running right now, but I would look into
> that.

Honestly I'm mostly interested in a plugin (whether to pidgin, RT,
firefox, or some other software I already use) that will take some
action and use it as the punch-in and punch-out. This plugin should
generate configurable reports of hours worked, or alternatively submit
to a server I've set up running the timecard application.

If no such plugin exists, then what is out there in the land of FOSS
to manage time worked, whether for an individual or a group? Anybody
using any of the software on this page:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=timecard for
their work/business?

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But