[TriLUG] pidgin as punchcard clock?

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Thu Aug 14 12:44:36 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 06:45:51PM -0500, Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:31 PM, David A. Cafaro <dac at trilug.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I thought pidgin had a way to alert you when someone signs in and
> > > signs out, that I believe would be kept in the chat logs that pidgin
> > > can keep as well.
> >

> > Yeah, seems like it wouldn't be hard to look at the time stamps and do some
> > substation to get times, or are we both misunderstanding the problem?
>

> Since you are talking about using a "magic" ID, then all you need is a
> log-analysis program to extract the approprate data.

I've found something WAaaaaAAAAaaaay better, something that is more
than what I hoped for, actually:

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/08/08/hamster-time-tracking-for-gnome/

Hamster rocks my socks. Y'all should try it.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But