[TriLUG] Linux hard drive questions

Michael Ham michael at bakedhamgames.net
Mon Aug 18 13:13:28 EDT 2008

Maarten (and others), thanks for the e-mails.  Also, thanks to the guys on
#trilug who spent hours with me Saturday night helping me to figure out how
to use LVM.

That mhddfs sounds very interesting, but since I've already spent a ton of
time backing up my files, I think I will just use LVM :)  Plus, LVM has been
around a while and is obviously less prone to problems.  Not that I don't
trust this new mhddfs, but if something goes bad.. file systems are not a
good thing to lose.

Hopefully maybe tonight or tomorrow I will be able to begin working on
getting the LVM stuff going.  I've got to use 3 separate hard drives to do
it, but I think I can get it all backed up.

Thanks again,
Michael Ham