[TriLUG] TWC speeds

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:18:30 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Jim Tuttle <jjtuttle at trilug.org> wrote:
> I swear I searched the archives and found nothing useful.
>
> I've been using TWC Lite, which is now too slow.  I can move to Road
> Runner High Speed Online (up to 7 Mbps) for $40 or to TWC Business Class
> 5.0 Mbps x 768 Kbps for $40.
>
> Anyone recommend a direction?  Anyone know an average up speed for the
> RR residential?  Is Business Class better in some way than residential
> class?

Jim,

If you can get business class for the same price, even if slightly slower
(although, there really isn't a big difference between 5 & 7), I'd go for that.
The big difference between business & residential service is that TWC
will actually roll trucks in the middle of the night to fix business service
and will fix that first before fixing residential.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace