[TriLUG] Need some help with LDAP

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 20:41:10 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Joseph O'Doherty <joey at odoherty.net> wrote:
> If you don't mind creating your own schema, you could do something like:
>
> attributetype (
>        1.1.2.1.15
>        NAME 'status'
>        DESC 'the current status of this account (one of active,
> pending, closed)'
>        EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match
>        SUBSTR caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch
>        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26{1024}
>        SINGLE-VALUE )
>
> See: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/schema.html
>
> Be careful if you make up your own OID, afaik you need to register one
> for your organization.
>
> /joeyo

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think for now I can keep it
simple and just change the password. However, I'll have to investigate
the schema thing a little further. I wondered how companies like
Novell and MS implemented this and I guess now I know. Not sure if
creating a new schema is a task I can handle but I can look into it
for now.

If anyone can think of something else let me know.

Brian