[TriLUG] linux flashboot, was: best flash-based linux?

Maarten Lippmann m.w.lippmann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:51:48 EDT 2008

to not hijack the thread I'm forking here.

The question of what is the best flash based linux makes me wonder if
there is a linux equivalent to openbsd flashboot:
http://www.mindrot.org/projects/flashboot/
Flashboot boots from a single image (a ramdisk kernel) that populates
a RAM disk on boot. The entire system then operates from RAM.
This is perfect for reducing reads/writes on flash images to almost
nill. (unluess on reboots, and the initial configuration)
Its mainly used on soekris devices and such.
Any linux distro/configuration like that?
That would seem the best flash-based linux to me.

maarten

Use plain text, HTML or PDF (adobe acrobat) in stead.