[TriLUG] Linux Podcast Rigs

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Fri Aug 29 19:02:39 EDT 2008

Audacity will do what you need. Edits are destructive, and I have
experienced crashes in the past when trying to use certain filters and
effects, but for simple editing you should be fine. Save and export
frequently.

If you have $200 to spend on a field recorder, I highly recommend the Zoom H2:

http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2007/10/13/got-a-new-gadget/

Cheers,
CMP

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Wayne Henley <wh175 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to build a podcast rig using OSS software. My main requirements are multitrack recording and audio editing.
>
> Any advice for a newbie?
>
> Thanks

Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But
small acts are insufficient."
 -- Paul Rusesabagina