[TriLUG] Embarq High Speed Internet - Opinions?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:42:24 EDT 2008

I have had the Embarq High Speed Internet for a couple of years now.

Living out in the boonies I was too far out for cable (The nearest drop
is still 3 miles down the road)
I was surprised when they upgraded availability.

Remember this is dsl so its gonna be around 1.5mbs down. For my needs
this is enough
I think that they are working on an ADSL upgrade but not in my neck of
the woods.

As far as troubles, I have never had any of those.

I have to occasionally reset the DSL modem. No big deal.
They let you have complete access to the modem

When they migrated email from earthlink to their own servers it was a
smooth transition.
The occasions that I have needed to ask questions I got a human who knew
exactly what I needed and had the "correct" answer.
They even spoke linux.
They also have a chat feature. You connect to a "real" person and not a bot.

These are my experiences with Embarq.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!