[TriLUG] MSI Wind PC for sale

Ritesh Kumar ritesh at cs.unc.edu
Wed Sep 10 15:00:29 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,    I bought an MSI Wind PC from newegg.com about a week ago.
It runs Linux just fine (I ran Gentoo on it) however, I saw that it had
problems displaying HD movies full screen (on my 1680x1050 lcd monitor) esp.
HD flash movies from hulu.com. I love the machine, its form factor and its
minimalism. However, given it won't play full screen HD flash movies, I am
willing to sell / return it.
    The most amazing thing about the machine is its cost. The barebones
computer costs $150 which includes the mother board, processor, a chassis
and power supply. I also ordered RAM for it from newegg ($20). I used a hard
drive from my current computer. As such I had a new machine for about $220
if you factor in the cost of the hard drive.
     However, given the fact that it is not able to replace my current
machine (I needed something which at least played full screen HD flash
movies) I am now thinking of returning it back for which I will be taking a
hit of about $50 (shipping + restocking). I thought it would be a good idea
to explore the opportunity of selling it to one of you guys who may just be
looking for a small new replacement computer.

      I can sell the computer + RAM (a total value of $185 including
shipping) for $150. You would need to bring in your own SATA HDD, CD/DVD
drive, monitor, keyboard and mouse. The link below describes the item
without the 1GB Kingston memory I have in it now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167032

      Please let me know by email or phone (919 259 8018) if you are
interested. I will wait till Sept 15th for an offer after which I plan to
return this back to newegg.

Thanks,

Ritesh