[TriLUG] Net::ParseWhois

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Sat Sep 13 21:44:42 EDT 2008

Howdy folks, just wanted to let everyone know that the perl module
Net::ParseWhois has been updated on CPAN. The previous verison was 0.62 and
was last updated about SEVEN YEARS ago, so it was pretty broken and useless.

I finally got around to finishing fixes for it and uploading it to CPAN.
I'll be making periodic updates as well, mostly to add new Registrars.

Net::ParseWhois is a perl module that lets you make WHOIS queries in an
object-oriented fashion and have the various fields of information
automatically parsed for you into handy little variables. The module handles
the effort of figuring out what registrar to talk to and parsing the data.
Of course, not all registrars are supported, but the modular system makes it
prety easy to add on new registrar support.

http://search.cpan.org/~riffer/Net-ParseWhois-0.7/lib/Net/ParseWhois.pm

#     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo Postmortemus     #
# Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my own. #
# GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a34 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K- W-- M+ V#
# po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*         #