[TriLUG] Help with caching dns server

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Sep 17 10:58:12 EDT 2008

As Peter Long aludes to, your client may be at fault.  You should
focus on one piece at a time.  Try looking up the name via a command
line tool such as host or dig, explicitly specifying the server you
wish to task:

$ dig www.home.linux @192.168.0.1
$ host www.homellinux 192.168.0.1

See if these command give you back responses like 192.168.0.1.  If
they don't, you have a server-based problem.  If they do, you have a
client based problem.

Aaron S. Joyner