[TriLUG] Books and a Linux Journal Collection for anyone who wants them

trilug at tradersdata.com trilug at tradersdata.com
Sun Sep 28 21:20:26 EDT 2008

I'm not a regular attendee, but did go to a couple of meetings a couple
of years ago for what that's worth.

I'm doing some house cleaning, and I just hate throwing books away if
someone else might be able to use them. I'm not looking for anything
in return -- just knowing someone else might use them is better than
taking them to the dump.  These are the ones that seem like they might
be more than junk, even though dated:

Oracle 8i for Linux (w/ Oracle8i for Linux CD)
Bobrowski
Oracle Press, 2000

Oracle8i A Beginner's Guide
Abbey, et al
Oracle Press, 1999

Oracle8i Advanced PL/SQL Programming (w/ CD)
Urman
Oracle Press, 2000

Oracle8i SQLJ Programming
Morisseau-Leroy, et al
Oracle Press, 2000

Oracle Web Application Server Handbook (w/ CD)
Dynamic Information Systems, LLC
Oracle Press, 1998

Using C-Kermit
Frank da Cruz, Christine M. Gianone
Digital Press (Butterworth-Heinemann) 1994

The Oracle Books have never been touched, including any original media.
I know the C-Kermit Book was used, but you couldn't tell. They're all
soft cover, btw.  (Yeah, I know a 14 year old C-Kermit book is a stretch;
but if you used the software you might understand the attachment.)

I also have a nearly full collection of Linux Journal magazines through
2006. There are some issues missing, including (I think) the first one,
but it should be mostly complete, through 2006 anyway.

There are others, hardware and software, going back as far as 1976 when
I took a fortran class that had me keypunching cards, but I didn't want
to flood the list with junk that seemed even less likely to be of
interest.  If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know your interests and
I'll let you know if I have anything. There are all kinds of O'Reilly
books, some MS stuff, some other database books, other magazines, and
who knows what else.

Don Hammond