[TriLUG] mythtv aspect ratio

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Sat Oct 4 09:48:24 EDT 2008

I've been using mythtv to grab HD content from our local broadcasters for a
while now on my 1280x1024 monitor.  Recently I replaced it with a 1920x1200
monitor, and now the aspect ratio is all wrong.

Mythtv should be using 1080 vertical pixels, which is 90% of the vertical
space.  Using a ruler, I estimate it's only using about 73% of the vertical
space.  However, it is still using all 1920 horizontal pixels.

This is Kubuntu Hardy with an nvidia geforce 6600 and a DVI connection.

I tried manually setting the aspect ratio to 16x9 in mythtv.  I also tried
setting the vertical size to 1080.  Neither helped.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael