[TriLUG] OT - Vonage / AT&T Dsl combo

John Broome john at jbroome.org
Wed Oct 29 09:10:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Craig Taylor <ctalkobt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently re-evaluating my options for at least 1.5k down & basic phone
> service (NC regional) as TimeWarner is just too much. Does anyone have
> experiance with Vonage (24.99/month unlimited residential) and DSL Lite(1.5k
> down)?

> I know from past experience that AT&T Dsl is a <sarcasm>delight</sarcasm> at
> times but those delights are typically short-lived (especially if you use an
> alternate DNS server).   Any opinions / suggestions?

Dunno if this counts as thread hijacking, but i've completed my number
port from Vonage to http://vitelity.com.

I'm running trixbox at home, and have my house phones plugged into an
unlocked linksys pap2, call quality is great, and in this robocalling
election season i'm really enjoying blacklisting callers. :)  The
day/night setting is also handy with a baby in the house.  Night time
calls get sent to our cellphones.

The actual number port took about three weeks, but while i was waiting
i logged into the vonage control panel and forwarded my phone calls to
the vitelity phone number i already had.

I've been very happy with trixbox, the pap2 and vitelity.  If you have
a little bit of time to dork around with it i highly recommend this
setup. :)