[TriLUG] A Myth TV question, I think

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri Nov 7 23:15:06 EST 2008

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil wrote:
> On that note, is anyone using MythTV to record HD content?
Yes.

Right now I have 2 HD tuners and I can record 2 HD streams without any
problem.  I suspect I could record several more at a time.

>  How many
> streams are you able to record simultaneously? How much disk space do
> you have for the system?

Right now I only have 100G set aside for TV recording so the turnover
rate is pretty fast.  Sooner or later I'll add a 1TB drive to the MythTV
volume group and allocate significantly more room for TV recordings.
I'll probably also get a second HDHomeRun (which comes with 2 more HD
tuners inside).

> As of late, I've been having tons of issues with my TW cable box.

They seem to send down new firmwares on a whim.  I suspect they don't
test their updates before forcing them on customers.  This, in part,
motivated me to get MythTV going again.