[TriLUG] Off-topic Netgear wireless print server

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:54:24 EST 2008

I am looking to add this to my network, but wanted some feed back from
someone who I hope owns one.

Is this device really a bridge type connection?  or does it act more like a
wireless adapter.

My router says if I do a bridge, it wont let any other wireless devices
connect, which is why I am asking for experience.  but, if this print server
connects in like any other desktop/laptop and still shares the connection
with any device plugged into the switch, I should be golden.  If this wont
work like I want it to, any advice on something that will work like I want
it to?  ultimately, I need to get a voip wired phone plugged into a switch,
and on the rest of my network on the other side of my house (wirelessly)

Link to the device I am looking at
http://netgear.com/Products/PrintServers/WirelessPrintServers/WGPS606.aspx

Let me know if I don't make any since.

Jason