[TriLUG] Not Linux: Anyone else feeling the pain?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Nov 19 14:12:12 EST 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 12:43:18 am William Sutton wrote:
> or '00.
>
> I got the walking papers from my first job out of college after 5 months
> on the job... 2 weeks before Christmas.

I knew an engineer who started with a big company in 1977. One reason she went
with them is after 5 years she'd get 3 weeks paid vacation every year. Comes
December 1982, with 10% unemployment, and instead of giving her the promised
3 weeks, they cut her back to 1. The unemployment rate was 10% -- she had to
grovel and take it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package