[TriLUG] Not Linux: Anyone else feeling the pain?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:32:44 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> My personal belief is that jobs, especially relevent tech jobs, are so
> important that they should appear on the main list. I think one of a LUG's
> main benefits, indeed maybe even a responsibility, is to help its members get
> and stay employed. An employed membership is a happy membership.

I agree.  With too much specialization of lists, you lose the critical mass of
people that are needed to either keep a conversation going or make a
list attractive enough to post to in the first place.

> Speaking for myself, I get a real kick out of the job offerings on TriLUG,
> even though I live in Orlando Florida. They help me see what a hot
> marketplace is like, and they give an early report of what job skills will be
> hot.

The RTP area is a "hot marketplace"?  Really? I guess compared to
some areas, but when I compare it to places like DC or Silicon Valley
it seems more like just warm (of course, having not really been looking
for a while, I admit I may not be the best person to judge that... but I'd
like to hear what others think about it).

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace