[TriLUG] Not Linux: Anyone else feeling the pain?

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Nov 21 13:46:58 EST 2008

> Can we put this issue to a vote rather than leave it to the silly
> adhocracy?  I'd vote for allowing jobs, though it would be nice if
> they were filtered.

The original question was not whether or not we filter out job
postings from the list.  It was whether the steering committee would
pass along job postings that were submitted from folks who are not,
themselves, on the mailing list.

As a steering committee member, I receive these requests from time
to time (rarely, actually).  I treat them on a case-by-case basis.
If a posting meets a few basic criteria, I'll forward it to the
group:

 - the job is Linux related
 - the job is relatively local
 - the poster/recruiter is polite in asking
 - the poster/recruiter is relatively local
 - I happen to have some time to look at it at the moment
 - I don't feel like hoarding that particular job lead for myself
 - I haven't changed my mind about my own rules from above

Otherwise, I ask them to join the list and post it themselves.  Or
better yet, attend a meeting a speak at the have-a-job section.

Alan

.