[TriLUG] Email: HTML, replies, signatures, and signing

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Nov 23 01:26:33 EST 2008

I generally like it on top.

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On
Behalf Of Owen Berry
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:11 PM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Email: HTML, replies, signatures, and signing

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net>
wrote:
> A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
> Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

You didn't really say which way you prefer (maybe you just enjoy the
humor), but the above example is only applicable if you wait for the
last email in the thread and expect to read the whole conversation
from it. I DO hate it when I suddenly get copied into a conversation
at work that's top-posted - it's almost impossible to tell what's
going on, but that's totally different to a mailing list where you get
every email.

BTW, this is not an example of bottom posting ... it's an inline reply
with only 1 point. :-)

Owen