[TriLUG] Email: HTML, replies, signatures, and signing

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Nov 24 12:02:47 EST 2008

Nah, there's no trolls on this list!  @#$% bottom posters.

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On Behalf Of Cristóbal Palmer
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:11 AM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Email: HTML, replies, signatures, and signing

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Kevin Hunter <hunteke at earlham.edu> wrote:
> At 9:58pm -0400 on Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Jon Carnes wrote:
>> +1 for Top posting - It's what folks do naturally... so deal with it.
>
> Trying to stay out of the conversation, but with this I can't resist ...
> No, it's what *you* apparently do naturally, but you != all people.  "So
> deal with it" is a confrontational attitude that doesn't help.

Kevin, you did catch what he put at the bottom of his message, right?
Pasting for extra lulz:

----- <quoting> -----

Definitely +1 for bottom posting. Only losers post at the top.

Jon Carnes

----- </quoting> -----

Check his message in the archives if you don't believe me. :P

You're not alone in falling for his prank. Steve Litt also got
trolled. I recommend you both try the web-based gmail interface, since
it helps you catch this sort of thing by hiding all text that matches
previous emails. Eg. from my inbox:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarheelcoxn/3056504966/

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But