[TriLUG] Question about hardware

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Dec 2 11:16:48 EST 2008

How much ram does this box have?  You may want to watch the box
through something like "top" to see what is eating up memory/cpu.
Which may allow you to make decisions on what needs to change, maybe
you don't need a new box, just some tweaking. Be sure to look at it
over different periods so that you get an accurate picture of what is
normal.  Does Dspam use SA rules, if so depending on your rule set,
you'll chew up memory.   Also things like Clamav being initiated on
demand versus being contacted in daemon mode, may have effects as well.

Matt P.