[TriLUG] CACert

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Dec 3 18:25:24 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 05:34:09PM -0500, Kevin Hunter wrote:

> Yikes.  By "day" I thought y'all meant just the < 2 hour night session.
>   If it will truly take that much time, then I don't know as much as I
> thought I knew about CACert, webs-of-trust, SSL, X509, and other related
> security goodies.

A lot depends on the audience.  I think that we have an opportunity here
to cross-pollinate, so to speak.  I know that we have people who are
very familiar with setting up web sites and e-mail systems that use
X.509 certificates.  I also know that we have people who regularly use
either PGP or X.509 certificates for either signing or encrypting their
mail.  However, on the other hand, I am sure that we have people who
have either never thought of these subjects and would like to, or have
always thought that it was too difficult for them to do.

A combination of History, Theory and Practice would seem to me to be a
good basis for a curriculum.

> The 3rd works for me.

How'd you like to be a presenter?  Get in early and pick a topic?

The 3rd is good for me, too.  I have a commitment about supper time, but
before that....

B-)