[TriLUG] "TBA" Course Curriculum and Other Matters

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Tue Dec 9 20:24:09 EST 2008

At 3:00pm -0400 on Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> I'd very much like to find a group like TriLUG but that is much
> more oriented towards programming (preferably a language like
> C++, Objective-C, or Java, rather than scripting languages like
> perl, python, or ruby), but I have yet to find one in the area.

I agree with the criticism that a lot of the content in TriLUG is
sysadmin oriented.  On the other hand, I'll bet no one has spoken up for
anything else, and it's only sysadmin-type bringing forth ideas.  I'll
bet that if you or someone were to propose a programming session or two,
you'd have takers.  I, for one, would likely be at a few of those
sessions (schedule willing!).

On that note ... in a sister-sub-thread, I alluded to a programming
session topic.  I'll mention that I have some HPC knowledge and if there
is interest, I might share.  I'm by no means an expert, but that's what
*I* see TriLUG as: a sharing ground as we all try to learn little pieces
here and there.

Kevin