[TriLUG] New Vista laptop needs Linux

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Dec 15 12:43:13 EST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:23:44 -0500 John Broome wrote:
> James Jones wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > My Christmas present came early. It is a Toshiba Satellite L305
> > series laptop. The least expensive laptop that Walmart has on sale
> > at the
>
> Might be worth googling that model and linux or whatever your distro
> of choice is to see if someone else has been down the same road.

The Toshiba Satellite L305 seems to require a bit of attention:

http://swinky-linuxblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/ubuntu-on-toshiba-satellite-l305-howto.html

to get Linux installed and working on it.  I've grown accustomed to the
so-called "business class" Dells, HPs, and ThinkPads which, for the
past few years, have been nearly effort-less wrt Linux installs.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/