[TriLUG] multi-card reader under linux

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Dec 16 14:45:09 EST 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, David Brain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Probably only relevant if you build your own kernel, but
> at least for my multi-card reader to work I had to ensure
> that 'Probe all LUNs on each SCSI device' was set under
> SCSI Device drivers.

thanks, that was it. I rebuilt the kernel and I can see all
the partitions now.

I never knew what "probe all LUNs" was about. The only thing
with LUNs I've dealt with was a CD jukebox at work. At home
in the early days, all my disks and tape drives were scsi
and they worked without activating "Probe all LUNs", so
eventually I forgot it even existed.

There was little about these cards under linux, when I
searched with google. This either meant that no-one was
using them under Linux, or else I was missing something
obvious. It looks like I was missing something obvious.

thanks
Joe