[TriLUG] New Vista laptop needs Linux

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Thu Dec 18 08:11:07 EST 2008

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but if you just check the specs 1st you don't
have to attempt booting a live cd in store.  If it has a supported wifi and
graphics card you're good to go.  Usually this means intel graphics and
intel wireless cards.

That said, I have yet to ask permission before doing so at a Best Buy.  They
usually don't notice.  Just don't act suspicious.  If you get caught play
stupid.  Say "I wondered how you got the windows to look so weird"