[TriLUG] System mail

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Tue Jan 6 10:52:18 EST 2009

Joseph Tate wrote:
> Anything in /var/log/maillog?  Aliases for root in /etc/aliases (or
> /etc/mail/aliases)?  What SMTP server are you using?

There's nothing in the following logs: /var/log/mail.err
/var/log/mail.info  /var/log/mail.log  /var/log/mail.warn.

There are several lines in /etc/aliases, like:
mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root

I have no idea what SMTP server I'm using.  I assume the MTA that Ubuntu
uses by default is mailx, but I wouldn't know.

I did move /var/mail/mail and use echo to recreate that spool.  I can
get mail I send to jjtuttle at localhost, but root still can't get mail and
 root's mail isn't forwarded to me.

Thanks for responding,
James

--