[TriLUG] TV Tuner Card suggestion [may be OT]

Emmaus suamme1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:34:57 EST 2009

In my Mythbuntu server, I use a pcHDTV 5500 and a PCIe Hauppage card
for QAM (digital cable) and a Hauppage PVR-150 MPEG encoder card for
NTSC and they all work great. The pcHDTV has a SD tuner, but it's
pretty poor quality since it's not an encoder. Together, they all work
fine. I have both QAM cards set to record up to two streams at a time
and have used them all at the simultaneously with no problems.

--es