[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 610, Issue 1

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Jan 13 11:49:44 EST 2009

Jim,
      My presentation is on working with the ~800 GB of multiple return
lidar data from the NC Floodplain mapping program and using GRASS to try to
derive a statewide forest canopy height dataset.  I'd be willing to make
the same presentation to trilug.

      There is a lot of open source GIS activity going on around the state.
If triluggers are interested in open source GIS in general and some of the
ongoing activities, I'm sure that a more general presentation could be
arranged.

Doug

http://www.cgia.state.nc.us/Default.aspx?alias=www.cgia.state.nc.us/ncgis2009

http://www.cgia.state.nc.us/Portals/ncgis2009/documents/Web%20Program%2020081215.pdf

>       I know of at least 4 open source-related presentations ( including
> mine) and as conferences go, the price is pretty cheap ( $110 until
January
> 29, $150 after, Students with ID $25 ) .  Admission includes a box lunch
on
> Thursday and sit down lunch on Friday.
>
>       There is also going to be a meeting of Open Source GIS users on
> Thursday evening, Feb 19th.    Contact me offline for more info.

>I'm very interested in attending, but I'm not sure I can afford the
>conference fee this year.  Regardless, I would like to meet FOSS GIS
>users and hear what people are working on.  It's a lot cheaper than a
>ticket to Cape Town!

>Thanks,

>James Dasher
>landrevision.com

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.