[TriLUG] hostname wrong for mailman

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Jan 15 21:51:41 EST 2009

I'm trying to get mailman setup on a new server.  On the surface, things
appear to be working well.  But something is screwy with the way mailman
is determining the hostname.

The "hostname" command returns the right thing.  My apache and gallery2
installations appear to be functioning normally - generating correct URLs.

On the /mailman/admin/ page, all links point to the right domain name.
But on /mailman/admin/(list)/ page, all links point to
   http://cpe-098-026-057-###.nc.res.rr.com/mailman/admin/(listname)

Based on my google efforts, I tried running
   withlist -l -r fix_url Mailman -v
but it still seems to be finding the .rr.com name

Any ideas where I should start troubleshooting this?  Is it an OS config
problem or a mailman problem?

TIA!
Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services