[TriLUG] Circuits are blown

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Jan 21 12:48:41 EST 2009

As a former Pacific Stereo employee, I witnessed the demise of Pacific Stereo
in 1985. The Pacific Stereo salespeople had been replaced by clowns from the
company running the firesale. Prices on new, in the box equipment were not
discounted enough to compensate for the "all sales final, no warranty"
policy. And most of the stuff for sale was picked over, obsolete junk, much
of it scuffed up and ill used demos. That was when I first became aware
that "going out of business sales" are a very bad deal.

Since then, I've looked (but not bought) at other liquidation sales, and
invariably they were every bit as bad as the Pacific Stereo liquidation sale.
If you want something obsolete, beat up, with no warranty, sold by someone
knowing little about it, then go to a garage sale where you'll get up to 90%
off.

SteveT