[TriLUG] Linux Distribution for server Opinions

Lee Fickenscher elfick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:54:41 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Matt Bidwell <bidwell at dead-city.org> wrote:

<snip>

> Ubuntu, IMHO is a desktop distribution.

I respectfully disagree. Ubuntu Desktop Edition is definitely (as is
obvious) for desktops. But the server edition is very much a server
distribution. Lean and mean with no cruft. The clean lines of debian with
the friendliness of Ubuntu.

That being said, I agree with others here that the best distro for you is
the distro you know the best. I know some on the list are using CentOS quite
happily and it is, I'm told, very comfortable for the redhatters.