[TriLUG] Linux Distribution for server Opinions

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Jan 26 13:37:58 EST 2009

Woohoo!! +1 for Solaris!

Oh and um...CentOS 5.2 as well;)

I'm running Web, Wiki, MySQL, DNS, DHCP (as a kickstart server), on
various server makes/models (all SCSI btw) of CentOS 5.x. No issues so
far. Just installed the packages, config'd the services as needed, and
they just work. :)

I'm sure that those more familiar with Debian/Ubuntu will say the same
thing about their server products.