[TriLUG] Ubuntu vs Fedora (for a server)

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Mon Jan 26 15:42:31 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:
> Eh, a slight disagreement with you here. I prefer the as "untainted as
> possible" approach I've seen in the RHEL, CentOS, Fedora world to
> package configurations

Honestly this translates to setting a lot of values by hand, either in
a conf file or using a tool that comes with the package. I'm a big fan
of debconf prompting for things like a MySQL root password at install
time.

To each his own....

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"Small acts of humanity amid the chaos of inhumanity provide hope. But