[TriLUG] Looking for ISP Options to a specific region

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:34:52 EST 2009

I got my DSL line with embarq separately (a-la-carte). At the time it
was around $25 (before federal taxes). The service is attached to my
existing twisted-pair number.

The service I have gives me 1.5m down (The last speed test did told me
1.4m/382. I am less than 1 thousand feet from the switch, that is the
cross-box/T-span that feeds my drop is right up the street.) The service
is tiered and I see that the top tier is offering 10m down but that is
not available where I am out in the boonies (they havent buried any
fiber out here).

Embarq gives you complete access to the DSL modem and only have to reset
it maybe once a week when the DHCP lease expires (Embarq side). You can
opt for a static IP for a pretty reasonable fee (I think it was around
$5 last time I looked).

73,
Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!