[TriLUG] DVD Duplicator

Jason Evans jason.s.evans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:17:04 EST 2009

I've been looking at what it takes to build a DVD/CD duplicator with
Linux and so far I've found this: http://turbojet.sourceforge.net/
which seems like a good place to begin.  Has anyone here built a
machine like this?  If so, what software did you use to to automate
the process and what are the specs of the machine?

I'm looking at building something like this for a client and here's
the specs that I have in mind so far:

1 AMD 2.9 ghz dual core CPU
2 gigs ram
7x Sony SATA DVDRW drives
1 ASUS AM2+ mobo with 6 SATA ports (that's the max number that I can
easily get a hold of on a board)
1 800 watt PS
1 SATA controller card with 2 ports
1 9-bay tower case
1 500GB SATA HDD
1 Ubuntu Linux

My main concerns are that since 6 of the DVDRW drives will be on the
board and the 7th will be on the controller card with the hard drive.
Will this cause a conflict in Linux or the burning software, will 800
watts be enough power, and also will the burning software that I
linked to work?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jason