[TriLUG] MythTV

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:31:42 EST 2009

I am using MythTV with 5 tuners; a Hauppauge  PVR-250, a Hauppauge
PVR-500(dual tuner) and a HDHomeRun(dual tuner). The HDHomeRun is for
QAM from TimeWarner Cable. The Hauppauge cards is for capturing analog
cable. They are in a CentOS box that is also my home everything
server. It sits in the closet in my office. I am using two AppleTVs as
frontends. They are both running Fedora10 including the stock kernel.

The server box is an older AMD XP Duron. I don't remember the speed,
someting around 2500 I think. I've had no problem with all 5 capture
cards running at once. Since they are all hardware encoders, the
bottleneck is the disks subsystem not the processor.

Ken