[TriLUG] CAcert meeting -- how to prepare

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:42:20 EST 2009

My understanding is : Yes, at least for Firefox. Self-signed certificates
such as his display the message.

The only way to get around it is to send it to a ca-certifier (who charges
$$) to get it signed or train your users that yes, it really is ok.

There's been prior discussions of the reasons why for this in the past -
arguments on both sides (user safety versus developer conveniance not having
to purchased signed certficiates for development sites among others).