[TriLUG] CAcert meeting -- how to prepare

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Thu Feb 5 14:46:19 EST 2009

Hi Alan and/or Cristobal:

If I can, let me float what are probably a couple FAQs:

. I signed up at CACert and passed the assurer quiz, or whatever it was called - questions on CACert rules and assurer/security best practices.  What are good next steps to participate more fully in CACert, e.g. before the next meeting Cristobal has mentioned?

. Does the CACert CA link to an existing embedded cert in the popular browsers, e.g. by an intermediate cert to install on a web server?  This ties into another question from someone else, about triggering the unrecognized CA warnings in the browser.

Thanks,
Dave