[TriLUG] IMAP tools and using mutt

Errol Casey errol.casey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:42:42 EST 2009

I'm interested in learning of IMAP tools that can be used under Linux to
search imap folders. (command line and/or email clients)

Specifically, I'm wondering if there is a way to search nested folders

i.e. I have an INBOX folder that has subfolders. I would like to search all
the folders at the same time, rather than having to open each in mutt and
search.

Unfortunately, I'm connecting to an Microsoft Exchange server via imap -- so
this may be another can of worms to fight, but is my situtation.

I'm using mutt as a text e-mail client, and love the speed of it to "limit"
and "tag" messages. I've not figured out how to make it search nested
folders, I just goto each folder I need.