[TriLUG] MythTV

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:24:21 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Mats Rynge <rynge at renci.org> wrote:
> Ken Mink wrote:
>> I am using MythTV with 5 tuners; a Hauppauge  PVR-250, a Hauppauge
>> PVR-500(dual tuner) and a HDHomeRun(dual tuner). The HDHomeRun is for
>> QAM from TimeWarner Cable. The Hauppauge cards is for capturing analog
>> cable. They are in a CentOS box that is also my home everything
>> server. It sits in the closet in my office. I am using two AppleTVs as
>> frontends. They are both running Fedora10 including the stock kernel.
>
> Heh, my single tuner box is recording more shows than I can ever watch.
> I can't even imagine what it would be like with 5 tuners.
>
> Just curious, how many of the tuners are normally recording at the same
> time? Do you put limits on the number of episodes you can have recorded
> for each show? Do you use auto expire?

Normally there is only one or two tuners going at once. Often it's the
two HD tuners.

My SO works from home. A lot of the recordings is stuff she
watches/plays in the background while she's working. She's also OCD
about deleting shows that have been watched. I do use episode limits.
I'm also using a 400GB file system for recording storage.

Ken