[TriLUG] Xbos 360 media streaming in Linux?

Michael Ham michael at bakedhamgames.net
Mon Feb 9 07:31:09 EST 2009

Hi all,

I currently use a Windows program called TVersity to stream media to the
360.  I am trying to lose dependence on Windows as much as possible, so I
was wondering if there was a good one like this for Linux.  One thing I like
about TVersity is its ability to transcode any media types that the Xbox
doesn't support, to ones it does support, on-the-fly.  I read about a Linux
program called ushare which seems decent, but can't transcode on-the-fly.

Can anyone else recommend something nicer?

Thanks,

Michael Ham