[TriLUG] Slow RoadRunner?

Andy Random andy.random at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:26:38 EST 2009

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009, Greg Brown wrote:

> 512!  I vividly remember 300 baud on a phone coupler modem!

LOL well so do I, I just wasn't willing to admit to being that ancient :)

They had a phone coupler modem at college, that I occasionally used to
connect to an old school BBS, and my first real (post college) job was
working on Videotex systems using 1200/75 modems and later the amazingly
fast 2400 baud modems...

I didn't actually buy a modem personally until they reached 14400 though
(and I'm pretty sure it's still in the loft somewhere :)

  Andy