[TriLUG] Get music; send open source for health to Africa

Paul Jones pjones at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Feb 11 18:44:18 EST 2009

(I've helped a little advising and adding some partners to this worthy and
creative project. Several of you may enjoy it and some might want to donate. -
PJ)

IntraHealth Open: Download a song, open the future of a continent:
http://www.intrahealth.org/open/

Youssou N'Dour believes a song can change lives. And major recording
artists from around the globe have joined him to release a series of
remixes in support of IntraHealth OPEN -- a new initiative that will
change how people think about health, technology and the developing world.
Help put the latest advances in open source technology into the hands of
Africans to solve the most critical public health issues of our day.

Music can make a difference, and so can you. We invite you to download the
remixes of Youssou N'Dour's single "Wake Up (It's Africa Calling)" for
free, and encourage you to make a donation to this important work.

The music has been made collaboratively in the spirit of open source, in
support of open source solutions for health created for and by people in
the developing world and designed to open up endless possibilities.

These songs are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution
Non-Commercial No Derivatives License.

Thank you to all the OPEN Remix Artists for joining in and lending their
names and talents to the cause -- Nas, Peter Buck, Duncan Sheik, Neneh
Cherry & Cameron Mcvey (who wrote the original song with Youssou N'Dour)
Toubab Krewe, DJ Equal, Umar Bin Hassan, Q-Burns Abstract Message, Gavin
Hardkiss aka Hawke, Afrissippi, Beef Wellington, Swamburger, Eugene
Snowden and Dave Gross we are grateful.