[TriLUG] Stupid Router

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Sat Feb 14 19:33:25 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Ivan Panarusky <panaruskyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I heard that DD-WRT is insecure.

I heard that connecting devices to the Internet is insecure. Care to
be a bit more specific?

Perhaps you're thinking of a kerfuffle on the bugtraq list some time
ago (Dec 2008). As I recall, the dd-wrt developers made clear that the
poster was referring to an outdated flaw that had already been
patched:

 http://seclists.org/bugtraq/2008/Dec/0139.html

Any and all routers are going to have flaws that people find and
exploit. Using a router is not a sin; failing to update it in a timely
manner is.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions