[TriLUG] eth powered web cam, streaming from linux

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:44:09 EST 2009

Hi folks.  I know there are a few of you who have done this, so here
goes:  I want to setup an IP based security camera in a remote
location that has internet, and stream the feed home so I can capture
the video on my offsite storage.  I have a power over ethernet
injector from powerDsine I would like to be able to use so I don't
have to worry about running power to the camera, just cat5e.
Suggestions on models to look at and compare?  Suggestions on
streaming packages and/or the receiving/archiving packages?

thanks,
David