[TriLUG] multiple messages

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:28:04 EST 2009

>From what I heard on another list, apparently Yahoo is dropping
MTA connections after the email has gone through, but before
supplying a status code.  This causes the sending MTA to
resend the message (since it never got a response that the
email went through correctly).

So, basically, Yahoo needs to fix their system.  There's nothing
we can do about it.

Cheers,
Tanner

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:

> I also noticed that they are both at Yahoo.
>
> Last week, I had problems with a Yahoo group delivering a
> dozen copies of the same email to my yahoo address.
>
> Do you have any other duplicates that come from non-TriLUG
> addresses?
>
> Alan (who set up the mail server this weekend)
>

> .

Tanner Lovelace
http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
increscent, all sable.