[TriLUG] Disk recovery

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Thu Mar 5 15:53:56 EST 2009

I just had a Windows machine kill its hard drive and I was able to use
the NTFS package from

http://www.runtime.org/

to get the data back even though the drive was not bootable nor was the
root directory readable.  It is commercial software, the NTFS
reconstructor cost me $79.  They have a RAID reconstructor package
available too, it appears to be $99.  I haven't tried it, but a test
version is downloadable to see if it will work.  If so you pay, get  the
key and get the data off.

Steve Kuekes
Physicians Pharmacy Alliance