[TriLUG] new linux user

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Mar 12 11:24:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:03:14AM -0400, John Gustafson wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am returning to linux after several years using windows.  Now that I am

Welcome back from the Dark Side(tm).

> Ubuntu was to install.   This has opened many paths to explore.  Is the
> trilug group highly technical.

Yes and no.  You would be surprised ( and will be ) at the topics that
are discussed here.  Some with more flame and fury than otherwise.
Conversations both highly technical and otherwise are ( usually )
welcomed.

> I would consider my self new to moderately
> experienced at least in UNIX.  As far as GUI I've used the X windows system
> on sun sparc stations (eos) at NCSU.  UNIX programming certificate at WTCC.
> I live in Greenville, NC so could anyone let me know your opinions or what
> to expect at the trilug meeting this evening?

Information, conversation, networking, friendship, .....

> Is there food?

Yes, and you, as a new member, will get a ( ten second ) head start!

Welcome,
Brian